Warren buffett born on: August 30, 1930
Famous as: Business man, Investor and Philanthropist
- Warren Buffett is an investor, philanthropist and a wealthy and influential business man.
- He is also considered as one of the most successful investors in the world, by some.
- Resides in Omaha, Nebraska, U.S. Earning a a salary of US$100000 per annum.
Early Life and Education :-
- Warren Buffett was the second of three children and the only son of Leila and Congressman Howard Buffett.
- In 1942, he began his education at Rose Hill Elementary School.
- After finishing his elementary school, Warren attended Alice Deal Junior High School and the graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School, in 1947.
- At a young age itself, Buffett displayed an interest in business and investing.
- During Warren’s first business ventures , he sold chewing gum, Coca Cola bottles, or weekly magazines door to door.
- Warren entered the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1947, where he studied there for two years and then joined the Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity.
- In 1951, Warren earned a Master of Science in Economics from Columbia. And after graduating, he also attended the New York Institute of Finance.
- Buffett’s biggest success: BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY, became an integral part of Berkshire Hathaway in the early 1960s and helped the company expand into one of the largest conglomerates in the world.
- Warren was considered as the Jack-of-all-trades when it comes to industry knowledge, as a value investor.
- Buffett had opened a total of seven partnerships and had a 9.5% stake in more than a million dollars of partnership assets, in 1959.
- And the most recent one, Warren has joined hands with 3G Capital to merge J.H. Heinz Company and Krafts Foods to create the Kraft Heinz Food Company.
- Also back in 2011, Warren Buffett was presented with the Presidential Medal Of Freedom BY President Barack Obama in 2011.
- He is also the CEO and the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway and ranks among the wealthiest people on Earth.
- Warren is aslo one of the biggest philanthropist of the 20th Century and also has pledged to donate most of his fortunes to social causes.